It is only the scholars that truly fear Allah
“And among people and moving creatures and grazing livestock are various colors similarly. Only those fear Allāh, from among His servants, who have knowledge. Indeed, Allāh is Exalted in Might and Forgiving.” [35:28]
“And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze.” [67:5]
The scholars are like stars.
01. The stars guide people when they travel. The scholars guide people in this life.
02. Allah will use them to stone the shayateen when they try to hear what the angels are saying. The scholars refute all the doubts that will be raised by the devil and his followers.
03. They also beautify the sky. The life of the scholar is beautiful, it’s like you’re looking at something beautiful and hearing and knowing about them is beautiful. Living with them for even a moments makes your life even better.
Now let us examine some gems from the lives of well-known scholars:
>> Imam Ahmad (رحمه الله) said that people need knowledge more than food and drink. You might need food once or twice a day, but you need knowledge all of the time.
>> “Studying and learning about the lives of scholars is sometimes more beloved to my heart than fiqh or rules because I can learn from their life lessons to apply to my own.” – Imam Abu Hanifah (رحمه الله)
>> Five hundred people would come to the lecture of Imam Ahmad (رحمه الله) to write down hadith. The rest of the five thousand came to learn from his manners.
>> A scholar used to say about Sheikh Ibn Baaz (رحمه الله), “This man doesn’t look like he belongs to this century. It looks like he belongs to the third century, but he has been kept for us for this century.”
>> The life of Sheikh Ibn Baaz:
27 years as a student
14 years as a judge
10 years as teacher
14 years as head of university
+ 25 years as mufti
90 years of serving Islam and Muslims
>> For 58 years he never took a day off, and at the age of his retirement he didn’t want to leave because he didn’t want to stop serving the Muslim community.
>> For more than thirty years, Sheikh Ibn Baaz never had lunch with his family. It was always with guests.
>> Things Sheikh Ibn Baaz wanted people to learn:
– People should always check their sincerity.
– Make sure your role model is Muhammad (صلي الله عليه و سلم) and not anyone else.
– Organizing ourselves is a means and not a goal.
– Dawah is not done for political reasons, and we should not care about the result more than the methodology.
*All of these notes have been taking from the Torch Bearers ilminar by Sheikh Waleed Basyouni.
Filed under: quran | Leave a Comment