What Makes the Quran so Miraculous, continued
Juzay ibn Qalbee said that the Qur’an is miraculous for ten reasons:
01. The eloquence of the Quran is above that of human speech.
02. The unique arrangement of its verses and surahs and the rhyming patterns which are so unique that do not conform to any style of man.
03. It issued the challenge that it can not be imitated and the challenge is still in effect.
04. The stories that are found of Bani Israel and of others before them, of the earliest of creation, of the Arabs, which can’t be explained to this day how RasulAllah sal Allahu alayhi wa salam knew them – in the middle of the desert there were no books; they were illiterate illiterate; no school.
05. It predicts future events, wordly and in the hereafter, and so it is telling you knowledge of the unseen.
06. It presents the perfect theology (aqeedah, asma wa siffat, purity of tawhid). These things are so clear and simple and believable and perfect. They are not superstitious. They do not go against human nature or intellect.
07. The shareeah and the ethics that the Quran came with. The laws of Islam are perfect laws. No other religion has come with such precise laws. And the halal and haram conform to human nature.
08. The preservation of the Quran, the collection, the documentation of the Quran. No other religious book has been preserved to even a fraction of the level the Quran has been preserved. There is no other book whose history has been so clearly documented. Ijaazahs go back to the sahabah to RasulAllah sal Allahu alayhi wa salam to Jibreel alayhi salaam to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. This can not be said of any other book.
09. The ease by which the Quran is memorized. This is something that is known through human experience. Every single Muslim has memorized portions of the Quran, and there are millions and billions of Muslims who have memorized the Quran in its entirety. No other book in the history of the world comes even close to this. Your English professor can teach Shakespeare for over thirty years, and he might memorize famous quotes, but he will not memorize entire plays. And if it is done so, he will not do so with ease, and even this will be rare to find. Imagine the book of Allah being memorized from five year olds to the elderly, from even those who don’t know what it means. Could you do the same with any other language?
10. The fact that no matter how many times you have read or heard the Quran, you never get tired. How many times can you listen to the same song over and over again? How many times will it give you pleasure? There is no comparison. The Quran is always fresh, always something that benefits you.
And of course there are more, not from his list.
Filed under: ilmsummit, quran | Leave a Comment