The Benefits of Dhikr
01. Dhikr keeps the shaitan away. Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) said that even if this was the only benefit, it would be enough to do it all the time.
02. It makes you happy and strengthens your iman. Ibn Taimiyyah (rahimahulllah) said dhikr for the heart is like water for the fish. Without water, the fish will die.
03. Protection from the fire – The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “I don’t know anything that can protect you more from hellfire more than the dhikr of Allah.” Classified as authentic.
04. Expiates sins – The Prophet said, “Whoever says subhanAllahi wa bihamdih 100 times a day, his sins will melt even if they are as much as the foam of the sea.”
05. It protects your tongue from backbiting and saying other evil things.
06. Strength for your body – When Fatima and Ali (radi Allahu anhuma) complained to the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) and said they needed a servant, the Prophet told them to say subhan Allah, alhamdu lillah, and Allahu akbar. That’s better than having a servant. Ibn al-Qayyim said this hadith is proof that dhikr can physically give you strength.
When there are so many benefits, then why do we not make adhkar?
Some people say that it takes too long. Stop right now and say subhan Allahi wa bihamdih 100 times and see how long it takes. It will not take you longer than four minutes, at most.
Filed under: dhikr, ilmsummit | Leave a Comment