The Keys to Taqwa
Ibn Juzayy al-Kalbi said that there are ten keys to attaining taqwa:
1. Fear of punishment in the hereafter
2. Fear of punishment in this world.
3. Hope for reward in the hereafter.
4. Hope for reward in this world.
5. Fearing the accounting for your deeds.
6. Feeling shame that Allah sees you in disobedience.
7. Being grateful to Allah for all His blessings to you.
8. Having true knowledge of Allah and His names.
9. Having true awe for the Majesty and Might of Allah.
10. Being sincere and loyal in your love to Allah.
[from my Sacred Scrolls notes]
Filed under: purification of the soul, taqwa | Leave a Comment