Ten Ways to Have Sins Forgiven
1. He repents to Allah (tawbah), so Allah accepts his repentance, for the one who repents from sin is like the one who has no sin.
2. He seeks forgiveness from Allah (istighfar), so Allah forgives him.
3. He does good deeds that erase his sin for good deeds erase bad ones.
4. Allah tests him with trials in this world which expiate his sin.
5. His believing brethren pray for him or seek forgiveness for his sins during his life or death.
6. Or they [ask Allah] to bestow on him as gift from the reward for their deeds, with which Allah benefits him (limited in nature).
7. Allah tests him in al-Barzakh (the intermediate life in the grave, between the death and the Day of Judgment) which expiates his sin.
8. His Prophet Muhammad (saas) intercedes for him.
9. Allah tests him in the various stages of the Day of Judgment which expiates his sins.
10. Or the Most Merciful of those who have mercy has mercy on him and removes him from Hell.
Filed under: forgiveness, ibn taimiyyah | Leave a Comment